What is a CCRC?
There are over 1,900 CCRCs (also called Continuing Care Retirement Communities and Life Plan Communities) across the country. Although they look like simple nursing homes, they can offer so much more! CCRCs provide several levels of living, so you can choose the one that fits your lifestyle preferences and budget. Most importantly, if your health needs change, a CCRC provides residents with access to high-quality health care.
As a couple, if one partner needs additional care they can still be part of the same community and you will continue to be together every day.
What Levels of Care are Part of CCRCs?
There are many different types of senior living options offered in a CCRC. These include...
Spend less time dealing with the hassles of home maintenance and more time doing the things you love. Here you can keep your active lifestyle and explore your passions while enjoying deliciously prepared meals at one of our vibrant culinary venues and relaxing at the spa. We also feature social outlets and events, from informal get-togethers with friends to clubs, outings, and parties. Plus we offer group trips to museums, art exhibits, concerts, and so much more.
We provide personalized and supportive care in a fun, safe, and dignified environment. Whether you need your meals cooked or just want an extra hand with chores, we provide individualized assistance with daily activities on a 24-hour basis. Our assisted living services and amenities include:
- Personalized wellness program to maintain a high level of physical and mental health
- Three freshly prepared meals every day
- 24-hour emergency response system
- Medication assistance and administration
- Licensed professional care
- Medical director and registered dietitian
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy services
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Full-service beauty salon and barbershop
- Transportation to and from your daily activities
The staff at St. Andrew’s believes in the value of life, regardless of where you are in your journey; that is why we promote a lifestyle which reduces stress and encourages connection.
- Spacious private residences in a safe, protected setting
- Familiar environment with comfortable surroundings
- Team of expert staff trained to work with individuals with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other forms of memory loss disorders
- Medical director and registered dietitian
- 24-hour supervised care in a purpose-designed environment
- Medication monitoring and administration
- Freshly prepared and nutritious meals
- Beauty salon for daily pampering and barbershop
- Common spaces designed to encourage socialization
Senior Rehabilitation Services
Sometimes people need a little extra help getting back to full health after a hospital stay. Fortunately, several of our communities house on-site senior rehabilitation centers that give our short-term residents the same level of care and attention as our long-term care residents. Whether it’s help for recovering from a brain injury like a stroke or a hip fracture from a fall, we offer rehabilitation services older adults need so that they transition home safely.
Through therapeutic nursing care and strengthening programs, person-centered care helps your loved one meet their recovery goals.
Skilled nursing services and accommodations are designed to provide full-time nursing and medical services to seniors with more serious health care needs. Our staff members provide genuine companionship, undivided attention, medication management, personal care, and three nutritious meals a day.
Which Should You Choose: Home or a CCRC?
After years in the same place, it’s not unusual to feel hesitant about leaving your current home. The thought of moving from a long-term residence can stir up a variety of emotions. We encourage you to look at this from a different perspective and open your life up to even more possibilities.
What are the Hidden Living Costs of Staying in Your House?
Have you added up all the costs associated with living in your current home and started predicting future monthly expenses?
In many cases, long after you’ve paid off your mortgage, you may still incur thousands of dollars every year in home expenses, utilities, maintenance, lifestyle and potential health care costs, including:
- Homeowners association (HOA) fees
- Homeowners insurance
- Property taxes
- Home security alarm system/monitoring
- Water, sewer, trash
- Painting, roofing, gutters, windows, driveway
- Social activities
At St. Andrew’s, maintenance, dining, social outings, activities and more are included. With guaranteed access to all levels of on-site care, our all-inclusive lifestyle brings a tremendous sense of freedom and peace of mind. Contact us today to see for yourself!