Tower Grove is seeking to hire passionate and creative individual to join our team. Ability to work flexible hours is required. Duties include preparing quality meals for the facility’s residents, employees, and visitors. Must have good customer service. In return, you’ll enjoy working with compassionate, reliable and dedicated team players with a great work ethic. If this sounds interesting to you, come join our family!
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations as outlined in the Corporate Compliance Program Manual.
- Understand the importance of customer service and be willing to learn resident/relative satisfaction techniques.
- Prepare meals which are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Understand and be able to prepare therapeutic diets.
- Follow written menus and recipes.
- Handle and prepare food.
- Wash, trim, cook and season food items.
- Assume responsibility for meeting meal schedules.
- Estimate food needs and requisition supplies.
- Inspect food and meat in storage and conduct sanitary maintenance of storage rooms and units.
- Assume responsibility for avoiding food waste.
- Suggest menu or recipe changes so that foods will be used before spoiling.
- Assume responsibility for care of food service equipment.
- Assume responsibility for sanitary maintenance on stoves, ovens, work tables, and equipment.
- Leave the kitchen clean and neat at the end of designated shift.
- Observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
- Observe infection control procedures.
- Observe facility disaster preparedness procedures.
- Observe Resident’s Rights policies and maintain resident confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Director of Food Services.
Certifications, Licenses Necessary
Must be 18 years of age or older. Must have at least one year of experience in hospital, institution, or restaurant cooking. High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not necessary. Must have the ability to be pleasant, cheerful, tactful, and courteous when dealing with residents.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resource Department. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resource Department. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resource Department. Max. size: 128.0 MB
Application For Employment
Application For Employment
You are applying for the Cook position at Tower Grove Manor
Date Of Application
Have you ever been employed here before?
Desired Salary (hourly rate)
Attach Resume (PDF or Word doc)
Current or Last Position
Employer's Phone Number
End Date (if applicable)
Current or Latest Salary (Hourly Rate)
School Name and Degree Earned #1
School Name and Degree Earned #2
Licenses & Certifications
Licenses & Certifications #1
Licenses & Certifications #2
Licenses & Certifications #3
Reference Name #2
Reference Name #3
DO NOT SIGN UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE ABOVE APPLICANT STATEMENT.
I certify that all information I have provided in order to apply for and secure work with this employer is true, complete and correct. I expressly authorize, without reservation, the employer, its representatives, employees or agents to contact and obtain information from all references (personal and professional), employers, public agencies, licensing authorities and educational institutions, and to otherwise verify the accuracy of all information provided by me in this application, resume or job interview. I hereby waive any and all rights and claims I may have regarding the employer, its agents, employees or representatives, for seeking, gathering and using truthful and non-defamatory information, in a lawful manner, in the employment process and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information about me. I understand that this employer does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or eliminating any applicant from consideration of employment on any basis prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law. I understand that this application remains current for only 30 days. At the conclusion of that time, if I have not heard from the employer and still wish to be considered for employment, it will be necessary for me to reapply and fill out a new application. If I am hired, I understand that I am free to resign at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, and the employer reserves the same right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, except as may be required by law. This application does not constitute an agreement or contract for employment for any specified period or definite duration. I understand that no supervisor or representative of the employer is authorized to make any assurances to the contrary and that no implied oral or written agreements contrary to the foregoing express language are valid unless they are in writing and signed by the employer’s president. I also understand that if I am hired, I will be required to provide proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States and that federal immigration laws require me to complete and I-9 Form in this regard. I understand that any information provided by me that is found to be false, incomplete or misrepresented in any respect will be sufficient cause to, (i) eliminate me from the further consideration for employment or, (ii) may result in my immediate discharge from the employer’s service, whenever it is discovered.
Please Sign Your Full Name Below
Max. size: 128.0 MB
Alternatively, submit resumes and salary requirements to:
Tower Grove Manor
Attention: Krista Kovach
2710 S. Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO. 63118